I admit it, I am no beauty guru but let’s face it: don’t we all care about prepping our skin and leave our house in the morning with a glowy face? Ok, perhaps this doesn’t count if you are 19 – in that case you may rock your smudged smokey eye from the previous night out, you in fact have a couple of years to not give a tiny donkey’s ass about your skin routine. Ha! If you are approaching the big three-o like me I am sure you are feeling me right now.
said written that, I do enjoy changing beauty products over season – I’ll go for a rather oily, rich moisturizer in winter while switching to a lighter, water-based face cream in the summer, or apply a BB cream/bronzer instead of foundation.
Here’s what I am totally digging lately (from far left):
1. LUSH Eau Roma Face Toner: my love for Lush products grows more and more ever since I tried their Ocean Sea Salt Scrub and this face toner is perfect to get your face refreshed and energised. It contains lavender and rose water so it smells SO good! It also lasts for quite a while as one or two sprays each morning will do. Price: starting at €6,50 depending on the size of the bottle.
2. KIKO Radiant Touch Creamy Stick Highlighter (100 Gold): being Italian I do have a slight obsession with Kiko – go figure! After what felt like a gazillion of tutorials on You Tube I have decided to give it a go and highlight/contour my face every now and then. This stick is really good for beginners like me and believe me, with its creamy and glowy texture you can’t do anything wrong really – blending works with the fingers as well. Price: €8,50.
3. KIKO Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow (06 Golden Brown): lately I am very much into creamy eyeshadows – they’re fuss-free, easy to apply & blend and no need for retouching during the day. This shade literally goes with everything! Tip: use it as a base for a brown smokey eye or blend it with lighter shades of beige/nude. Price: €6,90.
4. ESSIE Nailpolish (Cocktail Bling): looks like it’s gonna be a very pastelly-blue summer and this shade looks amazing!! Price: depending on country, €7,95 in Germany.
5. Last but not least – DIOR Iconic Overcurl Mascara (090 Black): THE mascara every beauty blogger is talking about unexpectedly reached my doorstep on my birthday. I mean, wowsa! Forget about the fact that it’s Dior, this mascara is magic – seriously the best one I have ever tried. It gives the lashes such a super long and curvy effect, they almost look fake – I. Kid. You. Not.
Price: €32,00 – hey, it’s Dior at the end of the day ;-)
What beauty products are you into this season?