With the cold wheather approaching sooner than we’d expect – don’t know about you guys, I am already looking forward to the Xmas season! – next to keeping my body warm with a cuppa tea and layering, I like to step it up a notch when it comes to beauty and give (especially my) skin a little bit of extra care. Although I own a share of trusted products that I use all year round non-stop, when in the mood I like to switch things up a bit and try new beauty products out.
Eventually, I’ve managed to come down to my top 5 favorites for this fall. You are looking at:
1. LUSH Ocean Salt Facial Scrub: highly recommended by a friend of mine who worked at Lush, this scrub seriously does wonders! It smells divine – if you close your eyes you can actually hear the sound of ocean waves, true story – and leaves my skin ultra smooth, soft and gets rid of the occasional red pores. I would recommend to use it once a week to see its magic come alive.
2. AVENE Extremely Gentle Cleanser Lotion: a very recent discovery while looking for a new make-up remover that wouldn’t cost a fortune. I already knew that their handcreme is amazing so I thought of giving this a shot. I am 100% satisfied with it. Apply in the evening and in the morning with cotton pads for no oily T-zone. Price: about €13.00
3. ESSIE Nailpolish in Decadent Dish: no need to explain why I love Essie nailpolishes so much This dark brown shade with bronze shimmer is perfect for fall!
4. CARMEX Lip Balm (Cherry): my favorite lip balm of all time – more like addicted to it – and this cherry flavor gives it a nice kick. Price: €2.00
5. MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse Foundation: when I recently found out that my beloved Clarins foundation is no longer E V E R available I thought the world would end. After a couple of weeks of soul searching and beauty tutorials on youtube I can finally say that I have found the perfect rebound. This foundation has the softest mousse consistency and great coverage – tip: apply with your fingers instead of using a brush/sponge for a more natural look – does not leave any stains and keeps the skin matte throughout the day so no need to powder your nose with powder. What makes this foundation even better than the one from Clarins? Its price: about €7.00, a fifth (!!) of Clarins’. #enoughsaid
What beauty products would you recommend this season? Share your tips by leaving a comment below.